Chirote चिरोटे (मराठी)
- Maida (all purpose flour) 3 cups,
- 1 cup small rawa or soji
- 2 cup milk, ½ tea spoon salt
- 2 big spoon melted pure ghee
- 3 small bowls sugar syrup,
- 1 tea spoon lemon juice
- Oil to fry.
- Mix Rawa, Maida, salt and ½ small bowl ghee.
- Add milk and knead to a medium consistency dough.
- Keep it covered in wet cloth for 2/3 hours.
- After 3 hours knead dough neatly.
- Mix cornflour in 2 spoon pure melted ghee and make paste.
- Make 8 equal portions of kneaded dough.
- Roll each portion into a paper-thin roti.
- Spread paste evenly on one roti, place another roti on it.
- In the same manner place all 4 roties on each other to make a roll.
- Press the roll gently to make it long.
- Now prepare the other roll by using remaining 4 portions of dough.
- Cut roll into 1 inch pieces.
- Take one piece, press it gently and roll with a rolling pin to make it like puri.
- Deep fry till it turns in lovely pink colour.
- Immediately after deep fry sprinkle powder sugar on it.
Tip: - If you want glazed chirota, instead of sprinkling sugar powder, dip chirota into sugar syrup immediately after dip fry.
Enjoy delicious tasty chirote.